A pattern of abusive and coercive behaviors, including physical, sexual and psychological attacks, as well as economic coercion, that adults or adolescents use against their intimate partners. Domestic violence is not an isolated, individual event, but rather a pattern of multiple tactics and repeated events. Unlike stranger-to-stranger violence, domestic violence assaults are repeated against the same victim by the same perpetrator. (References: Anne L. Ganley, Ph.D. and Susan Schechter, M.S.W.)
- A Long Walk Home – Chicago, IL
- Adelle Consulting – Royal Oak, MI
- Amiracle4sure – Harrisburg, PA
- Angel Wings Outreach Center – Mendenhall, MS
- Black Skeptics Los Angeles – Los Angeles, CA
- DXT Therapeutic Foundation – Forestville, MD
- The Empowered Survivor – Houston, TX
- Harambe Social Services, Inc. – Sicklerville, NJ
- Lauren H. Collins Wellness PLLC – Washington, DC
- Nisaa African Family Services – Des Moines, IA
- Our House, Inc. – Greenville, MS
- Our Sisters’ House – Tacoma, WA
- The House of Kadence – Detroit, MI
- Somali Family Safety Task Force – Seattle, WA
- Southern University and A&M College – Baton Rouge, LA
- Supreme Transitions – Detroit, MI
- The Person Center – Washington, D.C.
- The Safe Sisters Circle – Washington, D.C.
- Transition 1 2 3, Inc. – Detroit, MI
- Yonnie’s House of Love – Clinton, MD
Summaries of each organization – here.
New Resource! Call for Grant Applications!
The National Organization of Sisters of Color Ending Sexual Assault (SCESA) – Building the Capacity of Black Programs Funding Initiative Addressing Sexual Assault (BCPSA) is requesting grant applications.